Hire a Professional Licensed Boat Captain
Need to Hire a Captain or a Crew Member?
Looking for a Coast Guard-licensed captain to serve as an operator or a crew member for your vessel? We have them, and they’re ready to serve you.
What’s more, we offer you one-stop shopping in choosing a captain. Thanks to our special job board, you can reach all of our members with one posting.
How Our Job Board Works - Click to Open
Anyone who wants to hire a captain (or crew member) can fill out the HIRE A CAPTAIN form on this website to post a notice on our JOB BOARD. Placing this FREE AD generates an automatic e-mail alert to our members, with information about the potential assignment. Captains who are interested can contact the employer directly to discuss the conditions of employment and negotiate rates. The potential employer has the sole responsibility for determining suitability, availability, salary requirements, etc. LOTOCA neither assumes nor accepts any responsibility in these proceedings, but merely acts as a conduit for interested parties.
- Click on HIRE A CAPTAIN and fill out the online form. Before posting the advertisement on the LOTOCA website, the Jobs Program Director will promptly get back in touch with you to verify the information and answer any questions. There’s no charge for this service.
- LOTOCA members who are interested in the job will call you back personally, establish contact, and talk about your needs and what they can provide.
- The rest is up to you.
PLEASE NOTE: The LOTOCA Jobs Program serves to facilitate a connection between a client seeking a captain and a LOTOCA member captain. LOTOCA assumes no responsibility for the outcome of the transactions between them. Each party must exercise due diligence to determine the specific nature of the assignment, the fee(s) charged, the issue of liability, and any other applicable concerns. If you have any questions about the LOTOCA Hire-a-Captain program or the job board, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Among the many kinds of jobs our members can do:
- A delivery captain to help take your boat from one port to another. Need your vessel moved from Lake of the Ozarks / St Louis to Florida or the Bahamas? One of our experienced captains can assemble a competent crew, make provisions for the voyage, and pilot your vessel there and back on schedule and for a fair fee.
- A captain to skipper your recreational boat for a day-on-the-water with your family or friends to help celebrate a special occasion? Enjoy yourself and your company and leave the boat handling and the navigating to us.
- A yacht captain to serve as skipper of a private yacht? If you’re looking for a full- or part-time skipper, there’s a good chance that one of our members will fit the bill. You’ll need someone who “knows the ropes,” both as a navigator and pilot and as an administrator and host for your guests.
- A charter boat captain who can take you and your party fishing or sightseeing or skipper a boat for parties or special events? Many of our members specialize in catering to fishing parties, and hold supplemental licenses as natural resources guides. Arrange for your private day-on-the-water with someone who knows boats and knows fishing.
- A licensed captain to serve as the operator of a tour boat, towboat, water-taxi, or larger vessel? If you own a maritime company that operates these or other small- and medium-sized commercial vessels, you can hire one of our captains with confidence. Many have worked as commercial skippers for years.
- An instructor who can mentor you and your family on boat handling, rules of the road, and other skills you need to enjoy your time on the water safely? Need to polish your skills on docking, maneuvering, navigating, or operating your on-board equipment? Hire one of our captains to spend a few hours with you on your own boat. You’ll emerge with more knowledge, more skills, and more confidence. It’s the best-and most economical-step you can take to improve your own abilities.
PLEASE NOTE: The LOTOCA Jobs Program serves to facilitate a connection between a client seeking a captain and a LOTOCA member captain. LOTOCA assumes no responsibility for the outcome of the transactions between them. Each party must exercise due diligence to determine the specific nature of the assignment, the fee(s) charged, the issue of liability, and any other applicable concerns. If you have any questions about the LOTOCA Hire-a-Captain program or the job board, please email email@example.com